I offer more than 30 years of comprehensive clinical experience across the healthcare continuum, including direct care provision at a university medical center and a university affiliated hospital, in adult cardiology, neonatal ICU, medical-surgical, operating room, obstetric, pediatric, and supervisory nursing. I am experienced in home care and private-duty nursing as well.
I co-organized family support groups, worked to improve patient/staff communication, participated in medical products evaluation and standardization, contributed to continuing process improvement, headed family-centered care improvement projects, and belonged in hospital-wide patient safety committees.
In more recent years, I have worked as a special projects clinical educator in an academic medical center. Outside of the hospital setting, I have managed projects in the national healthcare quality performance and hospital accreditation sector, for the improvement of healthcare among Americans. As a clinical research nurse, I was responsible for institutional review board (IRB) and federal regulatory compliance, management of drug delivery and delivery devices, staff/patient education, recruitment of research participants, among other accountabilities. In cooperation with a large multidisciplinary team, I helped to successfully launch and maintain a large clinical trial.
For acute and chronic care in inpatient and outpatient settings, my experience enables me to navigate the complex US healthcare system. You and your loved ones will benefit from one-on-one care partnership with the overarching goal of improving your medical outcomes. You and your loved ones will feel empowered and gain peace of mind, knowing that you have a personal health and disease manager, educator, facilitator, and collaborator to champion on your behalf. You will gain confidence knowing that a seasoned Registered Nurse is on your side to help improve your chances of survival, minimize complications, and shorten your hospital stay, ultimately, optimizing your quality of life at the lowest possible cost.
Educational Background and Special Certification:
- 2009 – Completed training as Registered Nurse Patient Advocate (RNPA)
- 2003 – Master of Business Administration – North Park University, Chicago, IL
- 2001 – Master of Science With A Major in Nursing – North Park University, Chicago, IL
- 1977 – Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Cebu Velez College, Cebu, Philippines
- 1974 – Graduate in Nursing, SIH School of Nursing, Cebu, Philippines
- National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants (NAHAC) (Founding Member) - www.nahac.com
- AdvoConnection – www.advoconnection.com
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) – www.nursingsociety.org
- National Nurses in Business Association (NNBA) – www.nnba.net
- The Chicago Charity – http://www.thechicagocharity.org
- Senior Citizens Services Coordinating Council of Oak Park, Illinois